Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The 'Not-So-Critical' Critic: MAX STEEL


The 'Not-So-Critical' Critic: 
on MAX STEEL (2016, 92 minutes, PG-13)


The Quick of It -
So, have you heard about this film, MAX STEEL?  Maybe you have if you got a little spawn running around.  It’s based on a toy line from Mattel.  I hadn’t until it came in as a rental.  I watched it and now know why it was not a blip on my radar.

Yes, this will be a ‘quick’ one for sure… as a review goes.  Unless you are a child with the penchant for poorly written (lame ass) stories and sadly performed (I’d rather spend my time watching other people play Minecraft on YouTube) films, go right along and spend the time.  There are moments of well-crafted CGI, but that does nothing to help.  You have been warned.  Even the fun and endearing parasitic robot gets annoying as all hell.   

Grade: D

No comments:

Post a Comment