Thursday, April 14, 2016

The 'Not-So-Critical' Critic: HARDCORE HENRY


The 'Not-So-Critical' Critic: 
on HARDCORE HENRY (2016, 96 minutes, R)

 
The Quick of It -

This experiment was not as fruitful as I had imagined.  HARDCORE HENRY ended up being more of a garbled mess than an adrenaline ride.  Director Ilya Naishuller has started something, just missed the mark here.  I am sure there will be improvements to this film-style down the road and I will patiently wait as it does offer something new and exciting.

Sharlto Copley added some humor and almost made it worthy, but I couldn't help thinking after 20 minutes that I could walk out and feel that I missed very little.  Maybe next time. 

Grade: D+

If you want to see where my hopes were born...

Biting Elbows - 'Bad Motherfucker' Official Music Video
https://youtu.be/Rgox84KE7iY

No comments:

Post a Comment