Thursday, November 5, 2015

The 'Not-So-Critical' Critic: PAN





The 'Not-So-Critical' Critic: 
on PAN (2015, 111 minutes, PG)

The Quick of It -
Well, I bit the bullet on this choice and made it this week's viewing.  I was not sure if this was going to be worth the time but it showed promise, and when you don't have a clear 'must see', you go with horror or the unusual.  In this case, I have to say I am angered with Disney's marketing plan.  The trailer and promos didn't quite portray who the true target audience was.  From now on, I will not trust them again on their live-action remakes (except for THE JUNGLE BOOK, that is on my 'must see' list).  This was clearly a kid's movie and should have been presented so.  The production value was decent but had troubles with some CGI elements.  It had the classic over-the-top dialogue for characters to build and highlight the drama, a typical writing style for the youngin's, but a turn-off for me and probably most adults.  The story is interesting but simple, and brings magic to the horrors of a war-torn world.  There are those who will completely enjoy the Neverland ride, I'm just too tall...

Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment