Thursday, July 2, 2015

The 'Not-So-Critical' Critic: TED 2





The 'Not-So-Critical' Critic:
on TED 2 (2015, 115 minutes, R)

The Quick of It -
When stepping up to the glass, decisions have to be made. The dilemma this week - TERMINATOR GENISYS or TED 2. Normally, I would have quickly decided on the action flick. But after seeing the last trailer for TERMINATOR, I couldn't do it. I won't throw my opinion on what made me think it could be a waste of time, but it was enough for me to jump ship - sorta like Arnold jumping from the helicopter to smash his face into the blades of the pursuing helicopter.

I have to say that after watching the sequel to TED, I'm not sure which of the two was better, really. Seth MacFarlane's humor shines through. You get your musical tributes, guest appearances, and the side humor. (Liam Neeson's bit is enough to say this film is worth the watch!!!) MacFarlane shows his growth in movie writing and longer story development. The giggle-pacing is better and he gets you when you are least expecting it. If you are feeling down, this will take all your sorrows away. Not sure the giggles I would have had in GENISYS would have been appropriate. I think I made the right decision.

Grade: B+


No comments:

Post a Comment